Just what we need
I READ with interest that a working party looking at uses for the Beach Lawns has come up with the idea of a new commemorative garden.
I READ with interest that a working party looking at uses for the Beach Lawns has come up with the idea of a new commemorative garden. Great, just what we needed another garden for our older residents to sit and enjoy!
Come on Weston, can't the planners of today have a bit more vision. We have over a mile of Beach Lawns, with no sign of a slide or swings, nothing for our younger residents to enjoy. Even if we try to use them for sports we have to dodge the dog poo.
Here's an idea for your working party, convert the section of Beach Lawns at the end of Oxford Street and in front of Sands into an all year round play area, with a canopy cover to keep it dry.
Something for the kids please, this town has plenty for older people and so very little for families.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts