Main concern is access road to crem
AS A resident of Lyefield Road, I read with interest your report on the access road for the new crematorium during its construction between 2010 and 2012. The council s consultants, in their report submitted with the council s planning application, speci
AS A resident of Lyefield Road, I read with interest your report on the access road for the new crematorium during its construction between 2010 and 2012.
The council's consultants, in their report submitted with the council's planning application, specifically state that two construction vehicles would not be able to pass each other in Lyefield Road.
How is anyone going to build the new crematorium if the lorries delivering and collecting construction and excavation materials cannot pass each other?
Please bear in mind that this is a road on which the council put a restriction on lorries as it was considered by the council as unsuitable for the larger lorries.
You may also want to watch:
There is only a narrow verge on one side and the crematorium grounds on the other, therefore there is no possibility of widening the road, with consecrated ground on one side of the road and a revolt waiting against the council on the other if they ever grant themselves deemed permission for the current application to use Lyefield Road as the access route.
The Lyefield Road/Ebdon Road junction is bad already with poor visibility without being made much more dangerous by construction vehicles using the junction every day.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
No residents are against the new crematorium being built, but please councillors, look at what your officers are proposing.
There are moans from the council's executive about cutbacks and saving money. Well the taxpayers in Lyefield Road have proposed a much safer and cheaper alternative access road, please listen to us and ask why your officers are not listening?