Majority against any development
REGARDING last week s article about local neighbours opposing plans for a playground on the village green at Wick St Lawrence, I would like to reply to the clerk s comments.
REGARDING last week's article about local neighbours opposing plans for a playground on the village green at Wick St Lawrence, I would like to reply to the clerk's comments. Six hundred questionnaires were circulated of which only 40, yes 40, were in full favour of it, seven per cent at best.
At the last parish council meeting on July 8 a petition of 415 names of people who use the village green, opposing the playground, was presented to the councillors. Considering that the areas around Azalea Road and Cornfields were not canvassed, I would say this shows an overwhelming majority out of the 1000 plus locals, against any development.
Considerably more residents attended this meeting to voice their concerns but it was decided by the councillors to conclude the outcome behind closed doors.
It was only after a copy of the Weston Town Council Playground Policy was shown to them that they reluctantly allowed one local adult and one local youth to join their 'working group'.
You may also want to watch:
I don't think this represents a 'fair consultation'.
After having deferred the decision at three separate meetings it seems they are ignoring our wishes.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
Even your article "Anger at playground yobs" I fear will still not deter them. Let's hope the parish councillors see sense and listen to us.
Wheatfield Drive, Wick St Lawrence