WE VE been told that North Somerset councillors have a clear vision about the regeneration of the town centre, well, maybe not if last week s council s revamp report is anything to go by. It was only a few weeks ago that the Grand Pier owners were tellin
WE'VE been told that North Somerset councillors have a clear vision about the regeneration of the town centre, well, maybe not if last week's council's revamp report is anything to go by.
It was only a few weeks ago that the Grand Pier owners were telling us that the council kept moving goalposts, now the council seems to be doing the same for a planned landmark building, first they wanted it on the corner of Union and Carlton Street, then maybe where Sands nightclub stands, and now they want it on Big Lamp Corner/NCP car park site.
The council's plan for the crazy golf site appears to be a plush hotel, flats, eateries and upmarket shops, either they want to build a Little Britain Model Town or someone has been using a faulty tape measure.
It seems odd when the report states Weston has easy availability of town centre parking but also reveals plans for building on four car parks.
You may also want to watch:
There were no costings for the long wish list and I expect that those planning this revamp would have either moved on or retired before the hard hat brigade are brought in. In the meantime the planned public consultations might clear up any confusion, if not Specsavers may be able to help.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Hazeldene Road, Weston