Science fun for the whole family at Weston’s Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
With the Ministry of Science, biology, chemistry and physics come together to create family entertainment.
Science comes to the stage at Weston's Playhouse this month as the Ministry of Science explores the work of inventors and engineers who have shaped and inspired the modern world.
From Sir Isaac Newton to Thomas Edison and Alexander Flemming, the show will take its audience on a journey aimed at inspiring everyone to enjoy science and go away excited and eager to learn more about everything around them.
Packed with thrills, spills and surprises, the show will deliver demonstrations from a team of first-class scientists that will include liquid nitrogen frozen flowers and hydrogen bottle rockets.
Someone will be launched from a human canon, and experts will assemble a hovercraft on stage.
You may also want to watch:
Ministry Of Science has been a long-term goal of director Mark Thompson to create a brand that combines solid science with an introduction to works from the greatest brains in biology, chemistry and physics.
The show, which has earned rave reviews up and down the country, will be at the Playhouse in Weston High Street on July 14 starting at 3pm.
Tickets, priced £14.50-16.50, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election