Offer a modern feel
WEEK after week I am reading about objections to many improvements to your town. I was until recently a resident of Weston. However in recent years the super seems to have disappeared!
WEEK after week I am reading about objections to many improvements to your town.
I was until recently a resident of Weston. However in recent years the 'super' seems to have disappeared!
All the town has to offer is a shopping centre dominated by charity and mobile phone shops.
What is provided for younger people and holidaymakers to do?
You may also want to watch:
Oh yes, you offer an 'updated' old cinema with no parking facilities and a seafront that is scruffy with a mis-match of various properties!
Isn't it about time Weston was dragged, into the 20th Century as the 21st is too much of a horror for the town?
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
The Tropicana and the new pier designs actually offer a modern feel to the town which has been noticeably absent. I appreciate some of the older generation prefer things to stay as they have always been, but please don't kill the town off totally by opposing change.
ANTHEA CARR - Wiltshire