On behalg of you, me, the world
WELL! How terrible that there could now be three turbines in our village within six months.
WELL! How terrible that there could now be three turbines in our village within six months. I can't believe how people can be so small minded.
In this era of dire need to save energy, why on earth do people do their level best to block progress when it is on behalf of you, me, the world - our planet.
I too live on Greenhill Road, I can't - and I know for a fact there are very few houses in Greenhill Road that can see the property where the turbines are to be situated - let alone see the turbines themselves and I can't imagine that anyone in the immediate area will be affected at all.
Mr Brown's comment that he and his family "is filled with horror" is so over the top. As a country - and indeed as a planet - we should all be looking at alternative methods of producing energy that are 'greener'. I'm sure there can be no short-term benefit, as I'm led to believe that turbines have a life of about 20 years - so I can't imagine it paying for itself very quickly. But if the owners are prepared to install them at their own cost - then why not? I would.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts