ARTICLES about Osborn House in Ashcombe Road persist in stating that it was built by John Capell Partridge.
ARTICLES about Osborn House in Ashcombe Road persist in stating that it was built by 'John Capell Partridge.'
This man was actually John Partridge Capell (1784 - 1863) of Ashcombe House whose estate covered a large area across to the (later) Ashcombe Park.
The 'Osborn' appears to be John Thornesburgh Osborn who died here in 1843 aged 48. The building soon after became the Osborne House School for Boys under Sam Lawrence, a Bristolian.
You may also want to watch:
Alma Street, Weston
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced