ARE you a cancer patient yourself, or perhaps you have a relative who has cancer and is receiving long term treatment?
ARE you a cancer patient yourself, or perhaps you have a relative who has cancer and is receiving long term treatment? Do you attend hospital regularly for treatment and have to pay full price every time? Or have you been given free parking or a reduced fee by your hospital?
Research by Macmillan Cancer Support has found that two of the biggest extra costs facing cancer patients are travel to and from treatment and the cost of parking at hospital. In fact, 70 per cent of cancer patients face extra costs just to get to their treatment.
Macmillan is campaigning for fair hospital parking, for people with cancer and their visitors - and we want to hear your stories both good and bad. Help us to identify where patients are getting a bad deal, or where best practice is being used and could be shared with other hospitals to benefit cancer patients and their families.
If you would like to send us your story please contact us on 01264 343807 or email us your story, with a daytime telephone contact number to email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
NICOLA STRONG (Regional Communications Assistant)
Macmillan Cancer Support
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 10 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village