DO ANY of the residents of Holland Road or Tuckmill ever drive into Clevedon town and park on Marson Road?
DO ANY of the residents of Holland Road or Tuckmill ever drive into Clevedon town and park on Marson Road? If you do, then I completely understand how very annoying it is to have people parking outside your house, driving too fast, parking in dangerous places and making parking unavailable to residents that live in your road.
I am sure the majority of parents that parked on Holland Road on the evening of the March 4 were unaware that they would be at the school for longer than a few minutes as it was a special evening organised for the children.
I parked in Holland Road before when my daughter first joined the local school, unaware of the parking 'hoo-ha'; I parked legally on the road unobstructing any cars or houses - and still received verbal abuse from I presume a local resident because I used the car park to turn in, which completely shocked me as I found it quite threatening.
Parents are fairly often reminded by the school to be thoughtful of the residents and indeed they should be.
You may also want to watch:
From experience of going to and from the school twice a day, I have never seen anyone double park, park across driveways, block the carpark or park on pavements. Most parents are very respectful of the residential situation. I just wish more people would be in Marson Road and Clevedon town. March 4 was a one-off occasion and I can guarantee it was a case of 'Quick, it's horrid and cold, lets run the children straight into school'; surely it can just be let to slide for a one-off?
At the end of the day, I chose to live in my home and so have to accept the parking nightmare that surrounds it.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Marson Road, Clevedon