Perfectly at home
I DECIDED to take my usual stroll around Grove Park on Sunday and relax listening to music in Jill Dando's Garden – only to realize a rat had decided it was a delightful place to be too.
I DECIDED to take my usual stroll around Grove Park on Sunday and relax listening to music in Jill Dando's Garden - only to realize a rat had decided it was a delightful place to be too.
I followed him up the steps and saw it dart between the ornamental grasses just above the man-made pond in the centre of the garden.
I saw it several times undaunted by human beings and he seemed perfectly at home.
Only awareness can change the problem as expressed in the Weston Mercury and to take our litter home - especially food.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?