Points giving cause for concern
I LIKE over twenty five and a quarter thousand and no doubt many more, who did express their wishes to our North Somerset Council via letter and petition, were more than disappointed by the West Area
I LIKE over twenty five and a quarter thousand and no doubt many more, who did express their wishes to our North Somerset Council via letter and petition, were more than disappointed by the West Area Committee's decision to accept the Henry Boot proposals on October 2.
This decision, being made in spite of the numerous recorded wishes of those who opposed the scheme so wholeheartedly and with due cause.
I was myself more than surprised that the scheme was even presented with some 37 important items that require action and with even more points giving cause for concern at the meeting.
The fact that the planning department even recommended the scheme (with finally nearly 50 points to address after the meeting) in the first place causes even more alarm. North Somerset Council obviously ignored the petition.
You may also want to watch:
I now invite anyone who wishes to contact me and accompany me to London, as I intend to take the petition directly to Hazel Blears, Secretary of State for Local Government and Communities.
If there are sufficient supporters then a coach might be arranged - or a block booking on the London Flyer during the next few days.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
I am proposing to travel on Friday, October
24. Will those interested please contact me on 01934 621778 by Tuesday, October 21?
North Somerset Council has turned more than a blind eye to the wishes of the electorate.
They became very deaf as well.
The fact there is a vacancy for a North Somerset councillor in the Clarence and Uphill ward has also caused me to seriously consider standing as an independent councillor for this post.
I believe I have demonstrated I do listen to peoples' opinions.
RICHARD L WHITTINGTON - Atlantic Road South, Weston