RE: PLANS for Slade Road, Portishead: North Somerset Council s proposals for changes in the layout at two key junctions in Slade Road are designed to reduce the number of personal injury accidents occurring at its junction
RE: PLANS for Slade Road, Portishead: North Somerset Council's proposals for changes in the layout at two key junctions in Slade Road are designed to reduce the number of personal injury accidents occurring at its junction with Avon Way and Combe Road.
There have been several in recent years and it is a miracle that there have been no deaths.
The causes of these accidents have been scrutinised very carefully. Many of them were caused by poor visibility at this junction and involved vehicles which had travelled south from the Nore Road end of Slade Road.
Far from being 'potty' as described by one local councillor - these plans represent sensible solution to a real problem. To oppose these plans is to not fully appreciate how serious is the problem.
You may also want to watch:
ELEANOR DUNN-SIMS - Slade Road, Portishead
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable