David Plaister confirms mortgage lending for house purchase rises to 14-month high
- Credit: Archant
PROPERTY expert David Plaister confirms mortgage lending for house purchase has risen to a 14-month high.
David explains: “There were 68,076 approvals for house purchase mortgage in April, the Bank of England has reported – the most since February last year.
“The “seasonally adjusted” figure – ie, not the actual amount – was up from March’s figure of 61,945, February’s 62,304 and January’s figure of 60,991.
“It is also higher than the average number of loan approvals for house purchase over the previous six months. That figure was 60,679.
“Some analysts have been surprised by the pre-election bounce in lending, with a number having said that the housing market stalled in the run-up to May’s election.
You may also want to watch:
“The market may have stalled in the capital and other ‘Hotspots’ however, in the provinces the market was more stable pre-election.”
For all of you property related questions please call David Plaister Ltd on 01934 815053.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters