Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- Credit: Ashley Leahy
An elegant detached double-fronted five-bedroom Victorian house, with one-bedroom annex and a cellar.
Built circa 1890, the versatile property, a former doctors’ surgery, has been converted and comprehensively updated in recent years, and is located in a quiet, tree-lined road close to the town centre and seafront.
Features include a particularly large frontage with parking for several vehicles, high ceilings, large rooms and neutral, contemporary decor.
The main house accommodation comprises; a porch, entrance vestibule, hall, toilet, living room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast, utility area and conservatory on the ground floor, while four of the bedrooms, one with en-suite, and the main bathroom, are on the first floor, and another bedroom is on the second floor.
The annex has an open-plan living area with kitchen and an inner hall leading to an en-suite bedroom. This also has access to the conservatory.
New shaker-style units with oak worktops and co-ordinating tiling fill the main house kitchen, which also has a Belfast sink with Victorian-style mixer taps, an eye-level double oven and gas hob with extractor, as well as a wine rack, integrated dishwasher, LED pelmet lighting, space for an American-style fridge-freezer, an island incorporating a breakfast bar and oak-effect flooring.
Designed for ease of maintenance, the back garden is laid to patio and decorative stone chippings with a raised timber deck and a pergola with a patio underneath.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Guide price: £675,000
Location: Stafford Place, Weston
Agent: Ashley Leahy Estate Agents, 01934 267073