Property Spotlight: Four-bedroom period guest house with annex
- Credit: Archant
A stunning detached Georgian villa-style country house with spacious rooms and dreamy gardens, currently run as a guest house.
Dating back to 1841, the property was built as the country residence for one of Bristol’s most successful silk merchants, and has been updated and extended by the current owner, who is a builder.
It is approached via a sweeping driveway onto a grand entrance porch. The accommodation comprises a lounge featuring sash windows and a wood-burning stove with marble surround, a dining room which leads through to a garden room, a large country-style kitchen-breakfast room with range cooker, a utility room and bedroom with en-suite on the ground floor.
A turned staircase leads to a stained-glass window on the spacious landing, where access is provided to four double bedrooms, three with en-suites and a large family bathroom with roll-top bath. Each has large sash windows, high ceilings and garden views.
Well-established pretty gardens wrap around the house, providing sun, shade and seating amid beautiful trees, shrubs and flower beds.
You may also want to watch:
The adjoining one-bedroom annex has a bedroom, dressing room, showroom, sitting room and its own private entrance.
The property has become a thriving B&B business and was awarded 4* Gold status by Visit England.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening
Guide Price: £900,000-950,000
Location: Claverham Road, Yatton
Agent: Fine and Country, 01275 859000