Beautiful barn conversion with income potential
- Credit: Robin King
A stunning stone-built five-bedroom barn conversion with two outbuildings, including a two-bedroom bungalow.
The property, on the edge of the pretty village of Congresbury, was converted about 20 years ago from outbuildings on a Grade II-listed farm and has a modern, but relaxed, country atmosphere.
The house comprises: a light and airy hallway, sitting room, kitchen and dining room on the ground floor, while the first floor houses a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a second bathroom and another four bedrooms.
A log-burning stove and French windows opening onto the garden are features of the sitting room. And a good-sized kitchen opens into the dining room, which has pretty picture windows.
Storage is provided by way of an insulated loft with flooring.
Outside, a large, secluded garden contains a lawn, a patio bordered by raised beds, a wildflower meadow, herbaceous border, roses, summerhouse, greenhouse, a variety of trees and a vegetable plot. The property benefits from far-reaching views over surrounding fields, farmland, woodland and the Mendip Hills beyond.
The bungalow has a stylish, contemporary feel, built on the footprint of the old dairy in 2012. This has a small garden of its own with fruit trees and a patio, plus parking for at least two vehicles.
The outbuilding is suitable for a variety of uses, subject to the relevant planning permission.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
Location: Park Road, Congresbury
Agent: Robin King Estate Agents, 01934 267018