Huge historic house with land and outbuildings in the pretty village of Cross
- Credit: House Fox
An exceptional detached five-bedroom period house with two acres of land, two stables, a tack room and an annex, set in a rural village.
The huge, versatile property is believed to be around 400 years old, with the accommodation comprising; reception hallway with log burner, sitting room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room, bedroom five with en-suite shower room, garden room, cloakroom, utility room, two inner hallways and a back porch on the ground floor. Upstairs are another reception room, four bedrooms and the main bathroom.
A beamed mantel over an open fireplace are features of the sitting room, which also has a stripped wooden floor.
The dining room has flagstone flooring, while the L-shaped kitchen-breakfast room has a Belfast sink, pine floor and wall units, an Aga, built-in oven, microwave and fridge, ceiling beams and a larder.
Stairs lead to the first-floor reception room which could be another bedroom, playroom, or work room and has a sink and floor units, as well as providing lovely countryside views.
The master bedroom has wardrobes, the second has a fireplace, the third an airing cupboard and an en-suite.
Outside, the front has a driveway to the double garage and the detached annex which has an open-plan lounge-kitchen-bedroom and a shower room. There is also a beautifully-landscaped garden with huge sculptured yew trees.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
At the back is a detached conservatory and two fields, perfect for keeping horses with the two stables and a tack room too.
Location: Old Coach Road, Cross, Axbridge
Agent: House Fox, 01934 314242