Huge historic house with land and outbuildings in the pretty village of Cross
- Credit: House Fox
An exceptional detached five-bedroom period house with two acres of land, two stables, a tack room and an annex, set in a rural village.
The huge, versatile property is believed to be around 400 years old, with the accommodation comprising; reception hallway with log burner, sitting room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room, bedroom five with en-suite shower room, garden room, cloakroom, utility room, two inner hallways and a back porch on the ground floor. Upstairs are another reception room, four bedrooms and the main bathroom.
A beamed mantel over an open fireplace are features of the sitting room, which also has a stripped wooden floor.
The dining room has flagstone flooring, while the L-shaped kitchen-breakfast room has a Belfast sink, pine floor and wall units, an Aga, built-in oven, microwave and fridge, ceiling beams and a larder.
Stairs lead to the first-floor reception room which could be another bedroom, playroom, or work room and has a sink and floor units, as well as providing lovely countryside views.
The master bedroom has wardrobes, the second has a fireplace, the third an airing cupboard and an en-suite.
Outside, the front has a driveway to the double garage and the detached annex which has an open-plan lounge-kitchen-bedroom and a shower room. There is also a beautifully-landscaped garden with huge sculptured yew trees.
- 1 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 2 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 7 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 8 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 9 Pictures show police deal with man on rooftops in Weston
- 10 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
At the back is a detached conservatory and two fields, perfect for keeping horses with the two stables and a tack room too.
Location: Old Coach Road, Cross, Axbridge
Agent: House Fox, 01934 314242