Huge historic house with land and outbuildings in the pretty village of Cross
- Credit: House Fox
An exceptional detached five-bedroom period house with two acres of land, two stables, a tack room and an annex, set in a rural village.
The huge, versatile property is believed to be around 400 years old, with the accommodation comprising; reception hallway with log burner, sitting room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room, bedroom five with en-suite shower room, garden room, cloakroom, utility room, two inner hallways and a back porch on the ground floor. Upstairs are another reception room, four bedrooms and the main bathroom.
A beamed mantel over an open fireplace are features of the sitting room, which also has a stripped wooden floor.
The dining room has flagstone flooring, while the L-shaped kitchen-breakfast room has a Belfast sink, pine floor and wall units, an Aga, built-in oven, microwave and fridge, ceiling beams and a larder.
Stairs lead to the first-floor reception room which could be another bedroom, playroom, or work room and has a sink and floor units, as well as providing lovely countryside views.
The master bedroom has wardrobes, the second has a fireplace, the third an airing cupboard and an en-suite.
Outside, the front has a driveway to the double garage and the detached annex which has an open-plan lounge-kitchen-bedroom and a shower room. There is also a beautifully-landscaped garden with huge sculptured yew trees.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
At the back is a detached conservatory and two fields, perfect for keeping horses with the two stables and a tack room too.
Location: Old Coach Road, Cross, Axbridge
Agent: House Fox, 01934 314242