Character cottage in pretty village of Hutton
- Credit: David Plaister Estate Agents
A charming extended four-bedroom country cottage situated in the heart of one of Weston’s most popular villages.
Built circa 1700, the property is perfect for the semi-rural way of life, with stunning walks in countryside on the doorstep, and only five miles from the beach at Weston.
The accommodation comprises a hallway, modern wet room, utility room, kitchen-breakfast room and living room on the ground floor. On the first floor there are four good-size bedrooms, a main bathroom and a separate toilet.
Wood-panelled walls and a lovely vaulted ceiling are features of the hallway, which also has a cupboard.
A recently-installed wood-burner with a hardwood mantle in an inglenook recess, is the focal point of the dual-aspect living room, which also has exposed timber ceiling beams, a stone feature wall and composite stable-style door.
Part-timber-clad walls and twin windows are a feature of the kitchen, which has space for an eight-place table, a range of units, a Rangemaster cooker with five-ring gas hob, extraction hood and double electric oven, ceramic sink and space for appliances.
A part-vaulted ceiling is a lovely feature of the dual aspect master bedroom, while bedroom two has a range of built-in wardrobes. The bathroom has a beautiful roll-edge claw-foot freestanding bath and separate shower.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 Another weather warning issued for Somerset
Outside, the idyllic cottage can be approached from either Main Road or a private road. There is an integral garage with parking at the side.
At the back is a delightful lawned garden with shrubs, flowers and a summerhouse with power and lighting, which is set up as a bar and seating area.
Location: Main Road, Hutton
Agent: David Plaister, 01934 815053