Modernised four-bedroom family home in historic location
- Credit: Ashley Leahy Estate Agents
An immaculate four-bedroom house tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac on Weston hillside.
One of the town’s hidden gems, the homes here were built on the original site of St Peter’s School, where children’s author Roald Dahl studied in his youth.
Improved by the owners over the years, the property comprises; porch, hallway, sitting room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room and a utility room/cloakroom on the ground floor, with the bedrooms, the master with en-suite shower room and main bathroom, upstairs.
Parquet flooring and an open-tread staircase are features of the hall, while the large dual-aspect sitting room has a living-flame gas fire with wooden surround and patio doors to the garden. Double doors from here lead to the dining room, which has a full-height window overlooking the garden.
Fitted with wood-effect units, the kitchen has an integrated dishwasher, electric oven, gas hob with extractor and a breakfast bar.
The large utility room is fitted with a range of white high-gloss cupboards, sink with mixer taps, a concealed-cistern toilet with basin, plumbing for a washing machine and space for a tumble drier.
A room in itself, the landing has room for an armchair and has a large airing cupboard, a second cupboard and access to the loft.
Built-in wardrobes across one wall are a useful feature of the master and second bedrooms and there are also wardrobes in the fourth bedroom, currently used as a study.
Outside, the front garden has an area of lawn, surrounded by mature shrubs and trees, plus there is a side gate to the back garden.
There is a driveway providing parking for two cars, leading to the integral double garage with light and power.
The secluded south-facing back garden is laid to patio and lawn, surrounded by well-stocked shrub borders and trees.
Guide price: £499,950
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 3 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 4 Weston BAFTA winner reveals what goes on behind the scenes
- 5 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 6 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 7 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 8 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 9 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
Location: St Peter’s Avenue, Weston
Agent: Ashley Leahy Estate Agents, 01934 221770