Historic four-bedroom house with development potential
- Credit: Robin King
A beautifully-presented four-double bedroom semi-detached character house on three floors, in a highly-sought-after village.
Believed to date from the early 1820s, the property has recently been extensively refurbished, with a new roof, guttering, radiators and front door, as well as a landscaped front garden.
The accommodation comprises; an entrance hallway, sitting room and kitchen-dining room on the ground floor, while two spacious double bedrooms either side of a bathroom fill the first and second floors.
A wide fireplace with wood-burning stove is a feature of the spacious sitting room.
Light floods into the kitchen-dining room through large front and back sash windows. The room offers a range of units, space for a large range cooker, washing machine and free-standing fridge-freezer.
At the end of the hallway is access to a large cellar, which has plenty of storage and workshop space or offers potential for development.
An elegant staircase with decorative features leads to the first floor, while the second floor has recently-installed Velux windows.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Outside, there is an attractive, large walled garden at the front, mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs and plants. A gravelled path leads to the right of the property to an enclosed gravelled back garden.
There is parking for a number of cars on the partly-shared driveway and there is a substantial double garage/outbuilding with double-wooden doors, which, subject to the necessary permissions, offers scope to create a workshop or a self-contained annexe. And a pathway at the side of the garage leads to an additional enclosed private garden.
Location: Station Road, Sandford
Agent: Robin King Estate Agents, 01934 267018