Versatile and modern four-bedroom country cottage in pretty village
- Credit: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents
A beautiful extended four-bedroom period cottage with a unique interior, close to the historic market square in Axbridge and Cheddar Reservoir.
Behind the traditional façade of a country cottage, lies an individual family home which blends original features with eclectic refinements.
Approached via a shared driveway at the side, the property comprises; hallway, cloakroom, kitchen, lobby, utility room, fourth bedroom, living room and dining room on the ground floor. The first floor contains the other three bedrooms and the main bathroom.
The dual-aspect kitchen has space for a table and retro units, plus a door to a separate lobby leading to the front garden and utility room, which has plumbing for white goods, a sink and cupboard.
Also off the lobby is a bedroom, currently used as an office and sitting room. This room has a period fireplace and views towards the Mendip Hills.
A majestic feature fireplace takes centre stage in the living room, which is the heart of the house and has been added to the property in recent years. The lovely room has a vaulted ceiling with timber beams and a spiral staircase to the master-bedroom suite.
French doors from the living room access the garden and a stunning reclaimed pine chapel door leads to the dining room. Drawing its influence from the Middle East, the room features bespoke coloured tiling, arched stained-glass windows and doors to a veranda with Romanesque columns.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 4 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 5 A38 crash leaves passenger with 'potentially life-threatening injuries'
- 6 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 7 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 8 ELECTION: By-election candidate announced by Conservatives
- 9 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 10 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
The dual-aspect master bedroom benefits from an en-suite bathroom and built-in wardrobe, along with fabulous views towards Cheddar Reservoir. The other two bedrooms are off a wide gallery landing via stairs from the hallway. Bedroom two has a vaulted ceiling, a vintage screened dressing area and views of the Mendip Hills.
Outside, the south-facing back garden is mainly laid to lawn with a sleeper path. It has the added benefit of a recently-completed studio, made using reclaimed materials from a previous outbuilding. With French doors, it could be a home office or more entertaining space.
There is also a three-car garage with a large loft above and parking for a number of vehicles.
Guide price: £750,000
Location: Cheddar Road, Axbridge
Agent: Debbie Fortune, 01934 862370