“Should I Sell During the Summer Holidays?”
- Credit: Archant
SOME vendors feel that if they have “missed” the spring market, they should wait until September before selling their property; but Mel Kennedy of CJ Hole, discusses why there are solid reasons for marketing your home during the summer.
Firstly, your house is likely to look its very best. The bright days and long evenings mean that your accommodation will look light and airy, and any views from the house will be accentuated. Your garden will be in full bloom and adds real value to the purchaser’s perception of your home - they won’t just be looking at rooms! If it is a family house, children’s play equipment in the garden can only make the house feel more like a home - a real hot button for the family buyer.
Longer evenings also mean that the opportunity for positive viewings is extended, as partners can view together.
Serious buyers do not let holidays, sports and other summer activities get in their way and are sometimes frustrated by the reduction in choice, as other sellers withdraw their homes. Those with children may be under some pressure to secure a property before the new school year and, as a result, could be prepared to pay a high price in return for a swift completion date.
September is also a popular time for those moving jobs. They will certainly be hoping to complete towards the end of the summer so they can get the move out of the way before putting all their energies into their new position.
You may also want to watch:
So, if you are considering the possibility of selling, or know someone else who is, why not help us supply the demand that we are experiencing this summer by contacting us today on 01934 512537. It could pay you handsomely.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston