Pretty character cottage in rural village
- Credit: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents
A three-bedroom chocolate box cottage in the middle of the idyllic village of Blagdon, overlooking playing fields and a 15th-century church.
The deceptively-spacious end-terrace forms part of an attractive row of painted former farmhand cottages.
Set behind a traditional stone wall, with a gated pathway leading to the pretty courtyard front garden, it also benefits from a tranquil hidden garden, just a few steps away. Entering the property via a traditional wooden porch and stable door, it comprises; a kitchen-breakfast room and sitting room on the ground floor, while the bedrooms and family bathroom are located on the first floor.
An open wooden staircase to the first floor is a feature of the kitchen-breakfast room, which is fitted with modern Shaker-style units, complemented by wood worktops and offering space for white goods. The front window looks onto playing fields and there is a recess under the stairs for storage, another for a fridge-freezer and there is also space for a breakfast table.
The impressive triple-aspect sitting room is accessed via a traditional pitch pine door and a step. Oak flooring, wooden beams and an attractive fireplace, complete with a cast-iron wood- burner and farmhouse-style mantle are features of this heart of the home. It measures 21ft in length there is plenty of room for a large dining table, as well as a lounge area. Interestingly, there is a side door leading to Mead Lane which was once a separate entrance when the property was a local shop.
The largest bedrooms are at either end of the long landing, with the master bedroom fitted with hand-crafted wardrobes and an en-suite, while the others benefit from lovely views.
Outside, the delightful back garden has a summer house, fruit trees, seating areas and planted beds.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 3 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 6 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 7 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 9 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
Guide price: £435,000
Location: Mead Lane, Blagdon
Agent: Debbie Fortune, 01934 862370