Remarkably stupid idea
SAD to say I was not surprised to read, in last week's Mercury, that an officer of the local police though it would be a good idea to remove a public telephone box from the corner of Alfred Street and Baker Street to stop 'bad people' using it.
SAD to say I was not surprised to read, in last week's Mercury, that an officer of the local police though it would be a good idea to remove a public telephone box from the corner of Alfred Street and Baker Street to stop "bad people" using it.
What about the innocent residents of the area of whom a good many still don't use mobile phones?
This new idea to take away benches from the roadside, remove seats from shelters (Grove Park and South seafront), shut toilets and punish innocent people because of the actions of a small but loud minority is remarkably stupid.
I trust the officer concerned is pleased at the remarkable decline of shoplifting offences in Woolworths?
You may also want to watch:
Alma Street, Weston
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced