Ruining the environment
WHEN I walk around the Prince Consort Gardens, which are my 'escape' of a night, what upsets me are the selfish folks who let their dogs foul the lawns and footpaths and don t clean up after them.
WHEN I walk around the Prince Consort Gardens, which are my 'escape' of a night, what upsets me are the selfish folks who let their dogs foul the lawns and footpaths and don't clean up after them.
I had a wander down to the Captain's Cabin earlier and to get up into the gardens I had to step over several dog faeces. It was daylight, so I could see them. Tonight it'll be dark and the unfortunate folks who decide to go "for a walk in the park" may not be so lucky.
And if you get 'dogs mess' on your shoes it doesn't come off easily.
The Council say there's a fine if you let your dog foul but, ultimately, who actually sees it happening?
You may also want to watch:
It's these selfish people who are ruining the environment for the rest of us. I can abide litter as the valient fella with his bag who does a fantastic job of cleaning it up clears it day on day... it doesn't come home with me, unfortunately excrement from dogs does.
I watched somebody a day or so ago literally take their dog and persuade it to defecate on the gardens, then they said 'good boy' and wandered away. These people should be caught because it is simply not acceptable.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
South Road, Weston