Save our pool
PLEASE save our open air pool. It is an asset to Portishead and people come from all over Somerset and further afield just because we have an open air pool, which also brings trade to the town that it badly needs. It is far
PLEASE save our open air pool. It is an asset to Portishead and people come from all over Somerset and further afield just because we have an open air pool, which also brings trade to the town that it badly needs.
It is far healthier for our children than an indoor pool where indoors in that humid heat germs survive.
So they say it doesn't make money, but with a retractable roof on it which then can be used summer or winter, rain or shine with a reasonable restaurant looking out over the water at the beautiful views, then we could be well on the way to making the pool a success.
North Somerset please think again before closing it and making it another 'Tropicana'.
You may also want to watch:
SHEILA DAWS - Fedden Village, Portishead
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?