Set on getting rid of Weston's heritage
NORTH Somerset Council seems set on getting rid of Weston's Heritage – Birnbeck Pier through neglect, the Tropicana, the Rozel Bandstand, Knightstone Baths and now the museum.
NORTH Somerset Council seems set on getting rid of Weston's Heritage - Birnbeck Pier through neglect, the Tropicana, the Rozel Bandstand, Knightstone Baths and now the museum.
The building itself is what gives the historical atmosphere, and the staff are dedicated people. My grandchildren love to visit and go into Clara's Cottage. Young and old enjoy the experience and a cup of tea or coffee. Groups of school children visit, giving them a real insight into Weston's past.
If the council wants to save money, cut down on spending it on thousands of wheelie bins, which are not necessary for our ordinary rubbish.
The council also seems to issue licences to sell alcohol to all and sundry, meaning the police and ambulance staff have to deal with people coming out of nightclubs drunk and out of control. Some injure themselves, and others, and because of it, hospital beds which are needed for really ill people are taken up. Now I read the new pier is to have a bar around three times the size of the one which was destroyed, and a cinema. What does this mean for the Odeon?
You may also want to watch:
Instead of spending more money on moving the council to Clevedon why don't our councillors try to support our small businesses? It is sad to see the number of shops that are closed in Orchard Street, Meadow Street and even High Street.
This is a lovely town and it deserves better.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
New Bristol Road, Weston