I read with interest the proposed supermarkets for Portishead stating that we will have seven altogether if Lidl get planning permission.
I read with interest the 'proposed' supermarkets for Portishead stating that we will have seven altogether if Lidl get planning permission.
My husband and I moved to Portishead 38 years ago and we had five supermarkets and four petrol stations then.
Portishead was not much more than a village at that time.
I look forward to seeing Sainsbury's and Lidl and hopefully we can have some more petrol stations as well.
You may also want to watch:
The reason every supermarket is taking an interest in Portishead is because it is now the second largest town in North Somerset and still growing.
My only reservation is that any development next to Waitrose does not use up land earmarked for our desperately needed railway station.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
Mendip Road, Portishead