Statements contradict each other
I HAVE just been reading North Somerset Life or should it be Lie, this publication reads more like a communist East German propaganda paper...
I HAVE just been reading North Somerset Life or should it be Lie, this publication reads more like a communist East German propaganda paper, our great leader Nigel Ashton in his welcome comments tells us he is going to add more items of news to Somerset Life to tell us what the council really is doing, not what we may have read in the press.
He claims that some headlines lately have been outrageous and untrue. He then says that Somerset Life has never been politically-biased, the two statements contradict each other. Of course this rag is politically biased it is full of the Conservative dominated council propaganda.
Where is there any comment allowed from the Liberal Democrat or Labour councillors.
The letters page is a farce, all the letters published seem to congratulate the council for what they are doing no complaints are published and they are signed from writers like David WSM or Judith Kewstoke.
You may also want to watch:
Are these real people?
The magazine gives no coverage to the closing of Poppyfields, the mass movement of jobs away from Weston, the Tropicana farce and what is being done to help the large number of young people unemployed in the district, in fact the back page is an advert for the council telling us We Are Working Together and tells us how well the council are doing.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
On a serious note, is it right that the council are spending tens of thousands of pounds of our money printing this propaganda sheet.
The money could be far better spent on local services. The article headlined Shaping The Future Of North Somerset does concern me as the council are proposing to protect North Somerset green belt by saying no to the Government to 9,000 extra homes, and yet they are saying yes to 9,000 new homes in Weston an increase of more than 10 per cent on the current housing stock. This at a time when they are moving 750 jobs out of Weston. We really do have a North South split mentality in this council.
I hope your, readers will Get Vocal and voice there objections to this crazy plan drawn up 'on the back of a fag packet'.
Lavender Close, Wick St Lawrence