Storing the exhibits
THE council s plans to close completely the area museum and put the exhibits in store to save money don t tie up.
THE council's plans to close completely the area museum and put the exhibits in store to save money don't tie up.
To completely close the museum and store the contents would result in a complete loss of all income to the council while leaving it the full ongoing cost of storing the exhibits elsewhere in climatically controlled conditions to national standards and the cost of the unrealistic replacement travelling exhibition.
The only gain comes from the one-off proceeds of the sale of a significant town centre site to go towards a new office block in Clevedon.
Weston is supposed to be one of the country's leading resorts, but for how much longer? It is always said we need more indoor attractions not less. As well as being an irreplaceable asset to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend