Support the campaign
RE: PROPOSED closure of the surgery at Wrington: Following publication of my letter on January 7 I received telephone calls from two other correspondents.
RE: PROPOSED closure of the surgery at Wrington: Following publication of my letter on January 7 I received telephone calls from two other correspondents. Both seemed to have misinterpreted my letter.
I most certainly support the SOS campaign and want to see the surgery retained in Wrington. Perhaps I was too subtle. The point of my letter was to say, should the doctors go ahead with their decision to change the service they give and have only one surgery (in Langford) then perhaps Wrington residents should respond by taking their custom elsewhere i.e. apply to the Yatton GP practice.
By the way, in the many arguments regarding the Wrington Vale Medical Practice Development I have not seen mention of the fact that North Somerset Council names Wrington (not Langford) in North Somerset Life (January 2010) in the list of 12 main 'service villages'. For this reason, surely Wrington surgery needs to be retained?
You may also want to watch:
School Road, Wrington
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance