Supporter of Severn Barrage
I WAS horrified by Councillor Peter Bryant s letter pointing out former Councillor Mike Bell s hypocrisy on the salaries paid to the council s senior officers, since he was the man in charge of the council s finances when many appointments were made.
I WAS horrified by Councillor Peter Bryant's letter pointing out former Councillor Mike Bell's hypocrisy on the salaries paid to the council's senior officers, since he was the man in charge of the council's finances when many appointments were made.
Then I did a bit more digging and noticed that Mr Bell says he's a strong supporter of the Severn Barrage but his party (The LibDems) have just published a report saying they are against it.
So the question is whether he is being a typical LibDem and trying to back both sides of the argument or whether his own party has given up on him completely that they have ignored his views, even though he is supposed to be their candidate to Weston at the next General Election.
If that is the best he can do, I am not surprised local residents chucked him out in the last local elections.
You may also want to watch:
Queens Road, Weston
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend