The cynical police reaction
AS I had met the white cat whose death was reported in the last edition of the Mercury, I was particularly annoyed by the cynical police reaction that nothing could be done because suspects were (a) not identified and (b) not caught. Surely it is the job
AS I had met the white cat whose death was reported in the last edition of the Mercury, I was particularly annoyed by the cynical police reaction that nothing could be done because suspects were (a) not identified and (b) not caught.
Surely it is the job of the police to identify suspects using the expensive CCTV equipment we pay for, and it is certainly their job to 'catch' sadistic animal killers bearing in mind that if we tried to do it the police would arrest us as the easy option.
I presently have serious issues with the local police over their tendency to send the Ranger service out to do their dirty work for them, to browbeat people from behind cordons of blue tape, and their weakness for dramatic door smashing (sometimes even the right door) rather than taking action to assist the people who have to pay their large council tax precept.
There are certainly some genuine local officers in amongst the more loud-mouthed characters who think they are in a TV series, but it now accepted that someone who sadistically kills domestic animals is of a mindset that could end up with dead people. Such incidents need to be followed up by people with a working brain.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery