They have had a crossing
NORTH Somerset Council highways chief Elfan Ap Rees flippant comment regarding the crossing of the A371 road at Locking was outrageous.
NORTH Somerset Council 'highways chief' Elfan Ap Rees' flippant comment regarding the crossing of the A371 road at Locking was outrageous.
Since when has a motorist had priority over a pedestrian - particularly where a 60mph road spits a village in two?
Has he ever tried to cross a 60mph road with a pram in one hand and toddler in the other? Toddlers don't fully understand the words 'cross carefully'. They don't understand the consequence of being thrown 30 metres by a fast moving car and crushed beyond recognition.
When the road appears safe to cross and one reaches the bollard at the middle of the road, some drivers pull out of the nearby lay-by, leaving pedestrians stranded, pram in one hand, toddler in the other, with cars travelling either side at 60mph.
You may also want to watch:
There was a similar problem at Worle school with a footbridge. They have had a crossing put in place, why can't we?
I guess our next step will be to attend a North Somerset Council meeting at the Town Hall. Perhaps it will take a fatality to get Cllr Ap Rees to listen, then he really will have blood on his hands.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend