They were so near and so good
THE 10TH Berrow Music Festival has just ended. Goya really was exciting and brilliant.
THE 10TH Berrow Music Festival has just ended. Goya really was exciting and brilliant. (No, not the Spanish painter, though he was too!) This Goya is a group of friends who play classical chamber music together, professionals from Bristol and San Francisco and Berrow of course, and many places in between.
In the tiny Somerset church they produce music of such quality that the echoes and memories of it will stay lingering there until next year's festival. It will be hard for us to wait till then. Of course there is seamless music on radio and CD but ideally should it not be possible to see it too? And time to absorb it? A chance in between to chatter about our shared enjoyment, and an opportunity to applaud such skill and artistry?
Another year to wait, then, till they come together again in Berrow, though they do appear elsewhere. It's a wiggly road from Weston, and the weather wet, and this year you may have missed them, but really they were so near and so good.
You may also want to watch:
Hillside Farmhouse, Bleadon
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced