I AM so elated that the deputy leader (being a special member of the eight executives) Councillor Elfan Ap Rees agrees with me!
I AM so elated that the deputy leader (being a special member of the eight executives) Councillor Elfan Ap Rees agrees with me! That we do have too many councillors and also reducing the number of staff working for the council.
I trust he is an honourable man... and will agree to a reduction in attendance allowances paid to councillors and a further reduction for executive members.
Also those councillors who have started to claim for a pension, to add to the pension 'Black Hole' we already have, should be stopped retroactively and any money should be deducted from any future allowances.
I live in hope that the monies saved will help to save our museum, the library service, Playhouse and also help the charities who are having their funding reduced or cut completely to survive in these difficult times.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset