Town is being crucified
READERS of Weston when are you going to get off your backsides and see what this council of ours is doing to our town, in short crucifying it.
READERS of Weston when are you going to get off your backsides and see what this council of ours is doing to our town, in short crucifying it. And Councillor Elfan Ap Rees in the Mercury apologised for getting the deal wrong over the Tropicana and Henry Boot, that just went rather like Mace.
How long has the Tropicana been the topic of Weston, and how many times have the public called for a roof on top so we could have an all year round pool? Councillor Ap Rees wants to sell off an asset of ours with fame. Diana Fluck who became Diana Dors started her career at the pool before it was the Tropicana.
I think it is about time you, the people of Weston, joined forces and get this damaging council out before we have no Weston left.
John Crockford-Hawley got it right when he said: "Two thirds of the councillors look at Weston as a lame duck and they pay only lip service to it." Don't you all think it is about time to rise against this council and demand what we want and force the issue through or do you want Weston to be known as the country's rehabilitation town? I don't for one. We don't want things like those apartments on Knightstone Island that ordinary people can't afford. We don't want the rich people coming to our town telling the council what they want and the council listening. You people like me that have lived here for over 20 years get snubbed by this council for them. Well I will leave it to you to think.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston