HAVING noticed that Carters Fun Fair is located near Temple Meads station, Bristol, reminded me of a thought I had when they were on the Beach Lawns, Weston. It seems to provide most of the traditional entertainment
HAVING noticed that Carters Fun Fair is located near Temple Meads station, Bristol, reminded me of a thought I had when they were on the Beach Lawns, Weston.
It seems to provide most of the traditional entertainment, in some cases surpassing that which used to be available on the Grand Pier, but in some cases short of some of the facilities on the pier.
What are the possibilities in creating a permanent site on the Uphill sands, as these do not get covered by the tide?
Offer Carters the opportunity of a permanent site, allowing them to be able to tour out of season.
You may also want to watch:
This would certainly invigorate Uphill but no doubt would attract protests from certain parties who would consider they were badly affected by the noise and bustle of a fun fair.
This would then leave the pier to concentrate on food, drink and gaming machines and to introduce such other bright ideas as the Michaels seem to have for the pier's future.
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
HAROLD JAMES - Upper Church Road, Weston