RE: THE article in last week's Mercury. Oh dear! How Sad!
RE: THE article in last week's Mercury. Oh dear! How Sad! So the council workers are moving to Clevedon and their travel expenses will not be increased.
I worked for many years and I did not receive or expect travel expenses.
Surely, these workers should think themselves lucky to have a job - not like some three million unemployed people - plus - they get free parking - not the nurses at the hospital.
If I worked in a shop, or an office, I would not expect travel expenses. I should feel pleased that I had a job!
You may also want to watch:
Think on - you council office workers - get real, you have a job. Be thankful for small mercies.
MESSRS SUTTON, HIND AND DICKS
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Quantock Road, Weston