Tribute to Garth
A TRIBUTE to a very brave man, photographer, gentleman, colleague and friend.
A TRIBUTE to a very brave man, photographer, gentleman, colleague and friend. Garth and I first joined forces together back in the early sixties - within a week of each other - with the editorial news team on the Weston & Somerset Mercury.
The long hot summer of '61 with all its flower shows and village fetes, there were as many as up to 20 on a busy Saturday for Garth and I to cover.
Throughout the month of July there was the weekly Modern Venus event which took place on Thursday afternoons at the open air pool.
Summer rolled on into late summer and with it came the harvest festivals. We also had our fair share of royal visits over the course of a year. We had our moments like anyone else when the pressure's on, but all in all, we became buddies - you will be missed. Thanks Garth.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 9 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre