We can't hang about
COUNCILLOR Elfan Ap Rees' pronouncements on the Tropicana never cease to amaze me – I imagine that I am not alone.
COUNCILLOR Elfan Ap Rees' pronouncements on the Tropicana never cease to amaze me - I imagine that I am not alone.
In the Mercury of September 17 he was asking for ideas regarding uses for this site. I then had a brainwave: what about an open air swimming pool? Perhaps he hasn't heard about the public petition to re-introduce this obvious use to this prime seaside location?
He also says; 'We can't hang about forever', despite his stated optimism I would have thought that 10 years has stretched any reasonable optimism to its outer limits. How can he state that 'nothing has changed'? Mercury September 24, it already has. The first change was made by Boot by delaying the start from 2010 to 2011. The second change is that Boot is not officially prepared to honour the first change. Now we are waiting for the recession to lift with no guarantee from Boot to start even if it does.
Also, the recent fine on Boot of over �1m for illegal bid-rigging by the Office of Fair Trading hardly enhances their professional credentials.
You may also want to watch:
K A KIDGER
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston