Care home receives area’s only ‘outstanding’ rating by CQC
- Credit: Archant
A domiciliary care company based in Bleadon has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the only one in Weston.
Poppy's Homecare, in Purn House Farm, provides care for those who are still able to live in their own homes.
A spokesman said: "This is a testament to all our amazing employees and the wonderful feedback to the CQC about our care services."
The CQC monitors, inspects and regulates care providers in the UK, with 'Outstanding' being the highest possible rating.
In its report, the CQC said: "Staff at Poppy's Homecare went over and above what was expected of a community care provider.
You may also want to watch:
"People and relatives told us staff did far more than they expected.
"They supported people to maintain friendships and independence."
The full report is available at www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/INS2-7641140231.pdf
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 3 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 4 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 5 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Congresbury edged out by Twyford House on opening day
- 10 Landowners could be forced to sell to make way for Banwell Bypass