Care home receives area’s only ‘outstanding’ rating by CQC
- Credit: Archant
A domiciliary care company based in Bleadon has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the only one in Weston.
Poppy's Homecare, in Purn House Farm, provides care for those who are still able to live in their own homes.
A spokesman said: "This is a testament to all our amazing employees and the wonderful feedback to the CQC about our care services."
The CQC monitors, inspects and regulates care providers in the UK, with 'Outstanding' being the highest possible rating.
In its report, the CQC said: "Staff at Poppy's Homecare went over and above what was expected of a community care provider.
You may also want to watch:
"People and relatives told us staff did far more than they expected.
"They supported people to maintain friendships and independence."
The full report is available at www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/INS2-7641140231.pdf
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3