Care home receives area’s only ‘outstanding’ rating by CQC
- Credit: Archant
A domiciliary care company based in Bleadon has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the only one in Weston.
Poppy's Homecare, in Purn House Farm, provides care for those who are still able to live in their own homes.
A spokesman said: "This is a testament to all our amazing employees and the wonderful feedback to the CQC about our care services."
The CQC monitors, inspects and regulates care providers in the UK, with 'Outstanding' being the highest possible rating.
In its report, the CQC said: "Staff at Poppy's Homecare went over and above what was expected of a community care provider.
You may also want to watch:
"People and relatives told us staff did far more than they expected.
"They supported people to maintain friendships and independence."
The full report is available at www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/INS2-7641140231.pdf
- 1 Man dies after collision with car
- 2 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 3 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 4 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 5 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
- 6 Weston police officer faces misconduct hearing after alleged racist comments
- 7 Man arrested after vigilant witness reports suspicious activity
- 8 Owner attempts to delay Birnbeck Pier compulsory purchase order, but council stands firm
- 9 Managing director handed suspended sentence for health and safety breach
- 10 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school