What a surprise
SO THE subject of the Tropicana rears its ugly head yet again and Henry Boot refuses to comment.
SO THE subject of the Tropicana rears its ugly head yet again and Henry Boot refuses to comment. What a surprise.
Councillor Elfan ap Rees states that we "need to get on and do things" Another surprise! What a pity he didn't state this 10 years ago. If the council had spent money on the Tropicana then, they (and us) could have been reaping the benefit all this time.
I understand that the building is still in a redeemable condition and it could be up and running by next year with a moveable floor over the pool on which events could take place. In your dreams Pat!
It is still unimaginable that our seafront could be blighted with the Boot monstrosity some time in the future. With it would be go a large slice of our beloved Beach Lawns, our well used promenade and, as a payment for this, we would get roughly 400 cars converging on our seafront all going to the Boot monstrosity. We could say goodbye to most of the events which now make use of the Lawns during the year.
You may also want to watch:
Would some of the 25,000 who objected to this year, please write to the council before it is too late?
MRS PAT WILSON
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
Underhill Drive, Uphill