PICTURES: Scouts group hosts first model railway show
- Credit: Archant
Model railway enthusiasts gathered to enjoy an inaugural show on Sunday.
The 1st Ashcombe Scout Group hosted its show in partnership with the Weston N Gauge Society at Kewstoke Village Hall.
More than 100 people enjoyed 13 layouts and refreshments provided by the scout group, and just under £300 was raised for the scouts.
Traders set up included Avalon Line Sales, Tracy's Trains and Keith Price.
Organiser Geoff Bowyer said: "It went really well and it was nice to see so many people come and learn more about our groups.
You may also want to watch:
"It was refreshing to see a number of families come and they gave us very positive feedback, it's a good social occasion and nice to share your hobby with other people.
"I would also like to thank the committee for allowing us to hold the show in its village hall."
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
The group hopes to host another show next year.