FIRE crews from Weston and Temple have rescued a dog from an "accidental" house fire over the weekend.

Crew members were called to the scene on Colombo Crescent at 8.13am on Saturday, September 2. 

On arrival, crews found a fire in a first-floor bedroom of a two-storey semi-detached property.

Two firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze using one high reel pressure hose.

They both wore breathing apparatus.

Crews also used breaking-in tools, a thermal imaging camera and positive pressure ventilation fan for smoke clearance. 

Whilst there, crews rescued one dog. There were no reports of anyone else being trapped inside the building.

A spokesperson from the Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: "The cause of the incident was thought to have been accidental ignition."