CREWS from multiple North Somerset fire stations responded to reports of a residential property blaze in Winscombe last week.

Crews from Winscombe, Weston and Blagdon were called to Church Road at 2.37pm on Saturday, April 6.

When they arrived, crews discovered a fire in the kitchen, which they believe was accidental.

A spokesperson from the Avon Fire and Rescue Service team said: "Crews from Winscombe, Weston-super-Mare and Blagdon were called to reports of a fire in a residential property on Church Road, Winscombe at 2:37pm on Saturday, April 6.

"On arrival, crews found a fire in the kitchen. Firefighters used one high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

"The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

"One person was treated by ambulance colleagues."

The South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has been contacted for a comment.