5 things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 08:00 03 April 2015
WITH the Easter holidays under way, there are plenty of events to take the children to.
Here are some of the things you could get up to, and a full round-up will be available in tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Mercury.
* A pageant of transport has been organised by the Weston Sea Cadets.
It will be held from 9am-5pm on the Beach Lawns on Saturday and Sunday.
* Interactive activities and children’s crafts will be available at Weston Museum in Burlington Street on Saturday, at 10am-4pm.
The Broken Time Machine is free, but usual admission charges apply to the galleries.
* An Easter craft event will be held at Asda in Phillips Road on Saturday.
There will be face-painting and activities for children from 10am-2pm.
The proceeds will go to various breast cancer charities under Asda’s Tickled Pink Campaign.
* Weston Operatic Society is performing its show The Beautiful Game at The Playhouse on Saturday.
It was written by Ben Elton and features music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. It is set in Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles.
It will be performed at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £13.50-16.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
* A bunny hunt is being held on Saturday from 10am-2pm on the village green in Grenville Avenue, Locking.
Entry is £2 and everyone will get an Easter egg and go into a raffle draw for a large egg.
The proceeds will go to 1st Locking Scouts.
* If you visit any of these events and take any pictures, they could be featured in the paper or online.
Just log onto weston.iwitness24.co.uk and start uploading your pictures.
And don’t forget to tell a reporter about your event by calling 01934 422500.