5 things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 07:00 24 April 2015
CELEBRATE St George's Day with the Axe District Scouts or browse an array of classic and vintage cars this weekend.
Here are some of the things you could get up to, and a full round-up will be available in tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Mercury.
* A parade for St George’s Day will start at Marine Lake on Sunday at 1.45pm and will continue to Grove Park. The annual event has been organised by the Axe District Scouts.
* Classic and vintage cars will be on show in the Town Square in the High Street on Sunday. The cars from yesteryear will be on display in Weston from 10am-5pm.
* There will be a skittle night at The Golden Lion in Worle High Street on Saturday at 7pm. The event is being put on by St Martin’s Church and tickets will cost £7 for adults or £3.50 for children to include a fish and chip supper. For more information, call 01934 515922.
* There will be a charity ceilidh at Hutton Village Hall in Main Road on Saturday at 7pm. The event will be raising money for the Labrador Rescue Trust and Crohn’s and Colitis UK. Tickets, priced £10, include live music and a cold buffet. There will also be a bar at the event. For tickets and more information, call 01934 814205.
* A plant sale will be held at the village hall in Grenville Avenue, Locking, on Saturday from 2-4pm. Entry is free and refreshments will be available. For more information, call 01934 820707.
* If you visit any of these events and take any pictures, they could be featured in the paper or online.
Simply log onto weston.iwitness24.co.uk and start up-loading your pictures.