5 things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 12:30 01 July 2016
The ever-popular emergency services day, run by the RNLI, is being held in Weston-super-Mare this weekend, as well as a cider festival on the Grand Pier. Here are some of the events you can enjoy.
Grand Pier, Weston
* Try a range of ciders at a festival taking place on the Grand Pier on Saturday and Sunday. The bars open at noon on both days, and entry is free.
Ashcombe Children’s Centre, Milton
* Families are invited to Ashcombe Children’s Centre in Stepping Stone Walk for its 10th anniversary. Community groups will be singing and dancing, and there will be a police dog display and tug of war. There will also be craft and sport activities on Saturday from 2-5pm.
Beach Lawns, Weston
* A 999 day is being hosted by the RNLI to raise money for the life-saving charity. It will take place on the Beach Lawns from 11am-4pm on Sunday, with visits from the police, air ambulance and other emergency services. The event will include a range of stalls and hands-on exhibits.
Pier View, Weston
* The Birnbeck Regeneration Trust will host a car boot sale from 10am-3pm on Saturday. The sale will take place outside the Pier View information centre, in Birkett Road, and sellers are welcome from 9am onwards. Contact Rose on 07597 807008 for details.
Royal Hotel, Weston
* Crystals, healers, readers, and stalls selling crafts and other items will be part of the Festival Of Angels showcase of natural health and healing at the Royal Hotel in South Parade on Saturday. The event also includes a number of free workshops, talks and demonstrations. The event runs from 10am-4.30pm in the hotel’s Birnbeck Suite, and entry is free.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.